Saturday, March 19, 2011

Protomen

Ello everyone.
As you probably put together my blog here is where I talk about the crazy adventures in my life.
I would also like to add however that I’m not above giving credit where credit is due.
A band by the name of “Protomen” is the just cause of such credit. This group of people got together and started a rock band; not all that original. Protomen however is not just a rock band, they are a rock band who made a rock opera.
A megaman rock opera.

And it is actually good,

Really really good.

If you have not already heard them I do suggest you look them up on YouTube or Google; these are the sort of people that deserve to be ridiculously popular.

Nyx and Gabriel are the two who indoctrinated me into the ways of the protomen. Hours and hours of music, along with lots of singing, and I have to admit they are quite good.

It is not simply that the music is good rock music, which it very much is, it is that they took something dear to me, megaman, just a series of games that are fun to play and are typically really hard. They then took this and gave it a new meaning. Protomen revealed a pseudo underlining story to the megaman world and gave it such a powerful emotional connection: the likes of which megaman had never even attempted to reach with me.

Protomen took megaman and gave it a story that reaches down into the fundamental core structure of how humans work; sounding awesome all the while.

The songs they sing over there two acts of megaman amazement have songs you will sing in your car and will catch you unaware on some lazy Sunday as you suddenly remember a need to listen to them again.

Personally I just love to see people passionate about something that I can agree with and make something beautiful, like the protomen, out of it.

After all that’s what I’m trying to do. Not a rock opera, but a story that people can connect to; something worth reading, worth knowing about. Protomen are just a lot farther on that journey then I am, and rightly so.

Again I implore you to try listening to them.
Just in case you could not find it on your own.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*disclaimer*
Hey Mr. Joshua why so many reposted pictures lately? 

I'm sorry everyone yesterday was the most recent in a long line of technical problems. I actually had a full tech blackout yesterday no connection to the internet at all. It was weird; I feel like if I'm not connected to the internet I miss something vitally important that day...

That is why the post is late, why there are not many new pictures. No new pictures in fact, for this post. 

I'm working hard on getting things back to a smooth functioning machine and next week should be a lot better. I hope.

The problem is I am using a computer too old for all this and in denial about it so I don't have to buy another. Computers are expensive after all and I have never even pretended to say I have enough money to go buy a new one on a whim. 

Sorry again.

-Mr. Joshua-

No comments: